Monday, January 3, 2011

And Here We Go

Landed at O'Hare at 10pm last night. Disappointingly the seven or so inches of snow had already melted. I was looking forward to a drastic change of scenery. But let's get back to Mexico. I went to a wedding, a funeral, a birthday, Christmas, New Years, the ruins in Oaxaca (Mitlan and Monte Alban), ziplined at the 500 Escalones, ate my body weight in coconut Paletas and drank fresh orange juice every day. Despite arriving with an awful cold, it was wonderful.


First picture of the trip. I stayed with my boyfriend's family in Orizaba for 16 days. Their house was kind of badass.
These are kind of the orphans of the trip, they just don't fit in with the rest of the posts I have planned.







I've never been sure why, but I love clothes lines. Maybe because it reminds me of growing up at my grandparents house in Chicago Heights or maybe because you get to see a little peek of their life. 



Tons more to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment