Monday, June 9, 2014

Dallas Week Two

First up this week was photographing the inside of The Old Red Museum clock tower, a recreation of the clock tower that stood until 1919 when architects took it down, thinking it was too heavy for the rest of the building. I think there were 15 different sets of stairs to climb but thank god it didn't feature a completely vertical ladder to the top like the one at Western, which was truly terrifying.  



I went to a town hall dedication in Highland Park on Friday, not expecting much, but then I met Billie Leigh Rippey and absolutely had to photograph her. I only hope I can be half as cool as she is when I get older.


Also there was a butterfly release and those are always cool. Who knew you could put a butterfly in an envelope and it'd be a-okay afterwards? 


In anticipation of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, I shot a few groups of fans celebrating. The first was at a Brazilian event called Junina, which is a traditional post-Carnivale party, and like Carnivale, attendees wear costumes and dance "quadrilha," a type of square dance.



Next stop on the World Cup tour was a pickup game between Bosnians and Zimbabweans but I really loved this feature of the kids waiting for their dads to finish the game.


Ended Saturday night with a Little Dragon concert featuring Lawrence Rothman as the opening act.






That night I tried to chase some lightning but got lost in tree-covered roads and ended up here.


I didn't have very visual assignments on Sunday but I worked an earlier shift that usual so I went sunset hunting and found a sunflower field. 






No comments:

Post a Comment